Saturday 30 June 2012

Design - Manc Brief (Pt1)

This work and the next few blog posts are to do with the Manchester design brief, which everyone did a while back.  So it wont be anything to do with Spin Doctor, unless it says so in the title.  Now you've been warned that these posts won't be too interesting to you!



I started with a mindmap of different genres to get a rough of idea of the direction I could take it, from which I chose a platform genre.  I then took it through to a more specific mindmap of what I could do with this.  I settled on the idea of a puzzle platformer, much like the current project, with the focus on jumping and obstacles, i.e a jumping puzzle.   

I decided to keep the focus on the platforms, so there wouldn't be an A.I or mobs through out the game, obstacles and traps will be stated in a later blog post.  The levels will be designed with the Y axis as the main point, having the player tasked with finding the correct route upwards, to escape/win.

Secondary research images.



First character concepts.




No comments:

Post a Comment